High School Scholarship Recipients
Through the generosity of anonymous donors, Winona Health is able to offer renewable scholarships to qualified graduating seniors. The Winona Health Post-Secondary Scholarship Program was established to provide up to 12 students with financial assistance towards pursuing a health-related career.
Each scholarship recipient will be selected by the Winona Health Scholarship Program Committee based on their demonstration of the program standards which include: a strong motivation to pursue a healthcare career, academic excellence, a dedication to community service and a demonstrated need of financial support for their college education. The scholarship awards $1,000, payable to the institution in which the student is enrolled and renewable for up to 3 additional years of post-secondary pursuit of the same healthcare degree or certificate.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors receiving diplomas in the school year from ISD 861, Lewiston-Altura ISD, Rushford-Peterson ISD, Houston ISD, Galesville-Ettrick-Trempealeau ISD, Cochrane-Fountain City ISD, Winona Cotter High School or Winona Hope Lutheran High School.
- Renewing applicants may be 2nd, 3rd & 4th year college students maintaining a 3.2 overall GPA. These applicants must complete a separate renewal form each year (below).
- Applicants must have applied and been accepted by an accredited institution into a program that prepares them for a career in healthcare.
- Applicants must submit a narrative – not to exceed one page – stating their academic and career goals and what they have done toward achieving those goals.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from current and all previously attended post-secondary schools.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to comment on their character, compassion and skills. Click here to download the recommendation form.
Application – Deadline Extended to May 1
Please complete the appropriate application, have your guidance counselor/academic adviser sign it and return it to the Winona Health Foundation Office postmarked by May 1. Applications received after that date, or not fully completed, will be ineligible. Awardees will be notified by June 10. Narratives, transcripts and letters of recommendation can be electronically attached to the application form or delivered/mailed to:
Winona Health Foundation
855 Mankato Avenue
Winona, MN 55987