Shortly after Mr. Miller’s passing, his son, Hugh Miller, announced at the 2002 awards banquet his intent to continue the tradition. At the 2003 banquet, the award was officially renamed, at the request of Hugh Miller, the Ben and Adith Miller Community Service Tribute.
Candidates will be evaluated on their generosity of time, spirit, energy and/or charitable donations. Nominations will be accepted through Friday, February 5. In addition to a special recognition dinner at Cedar Valley Restaurant, the family of Ben & Adith Miller and RTP Company honors the recipient with a $25,000 contribution to the Ben & Adith Miller Patient Care Fund to assist area individuals and families.
- Candidates are considered based upon four criteria:
- How the candidate has enhanced the quality of life in our community
- What the candidate has done for the economic betterment of our community
- What leadership roles the candidate has had in the community
- How the candidate has given direct service to the community