Friday, February 1, 2019
An evening to celebrate BENEVOLENCE…
- Celebrating 125 years of Generosity. As Winona Health celebrates its 125th anniversary, we reflect on the generosity that has shaped local healthcare: From not having a hospital, to having a hospital that not only provides medical care, but that also is committed to helping people prevent the need for medical care. Thanks to our community’s generosity, Winona Health has come a long way since 1894.
- The Cuddle Squad. The Winona Health Volunteers step in to cuddle and comfort newborns in situations where the baby’s parents are not able to do so. The Cuddle Squad, available day and night – around the clock – helps ensure a newborn’s first impression of the “outside” world is positive and welcoming. The Cuddle Squad is one more way healthy starts here.
- Winona Health Facilities Department. Teamwork is an important aspect of taking care of Winona Health’s physical space. But our Facility team’s work has gone far beyond taking care of brick and mortar. From wearing pink to increase breast cancer awareness, to launching the ‘Beards for Bucks” campaign, our Facilities team exemplifies Winona Health’s value of service with heart.
- Jim Vrchota. Jim wrote and directed the Winona Health Volunteers 2018 variety show, USO Salute to the Troops. From the Volunteers and community members he works with to the audiences who enjoy the performances, Jim’s generosity touches so many lives.
- Winona Health – Memory Care. Staff and volunteers enrich the lives of memory care residents at Adith Miller, Roger Metz and Lake Winona manors. Compassionate caregivers, meaningful activities and extra touches, such as the Namaste program, reflect Winona Health’s ongoing dedication to caring for individuals and their families at every stage of life.
Enjoy BBQ pork ribs, catfish fingers, green beans, sweet potato fingerlings, baked macaroni and cheese, corn muffins, coleslaw, dessert and coffee.
And the BLUES…
Relax and enjoy The Burke Band, featuring vocal harmonies, acoustic guitars, a tin whistle, and a unique drum, as three brothers weave their way through Celtic folk, acoustic rock, and their own original songs.
It’s a blue affair!
Come dressed as you wish — blue jeans, blue cocktail dress, blue tie, blue scrubs or blue suede shoes.
Don’t wait, RSVP by January 25!
To RSVP, call the Winona Health Foundation office at 507.457.4394 or reserve your tickets online.